re: wheel bearing?

<<Anyway, I recently tried a test
to see if it changed under load, turning right the sound goes away.  Wheel
bearing?  >>

Yep.. most likely.  FIRST check to see if your 30mm bolts are tight for the
driveshaft.  Then if the sound doesn't go away or only gets a little better,
replace the bearings.  I've had bad bearings on mine as well as Bu's car in
the past 2 months.  I just pressed Bu's today & the grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is
gone.  I'm sooo grateful that work has an 80,000lb press for me to use.  Oh,
I had to do complete tierods for his car too.  fun fun fun.

Dan May - Greensboro NC
8716VScirocco
'79Scirocco
95Pathfinder(for SALE)