Re: Don't swiss cheese your Airbox

At 1:31 pm -0600 27/2/00, dale witt wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with the Jamex air filter that replaces the entire
>bottom part of the box?  I met a guy that uses this in his 16v Rabbit
>(donated from a Scirocco).  It is a simple bolt on and is made of foam.  It
>cost around 200 bucks, which I thought was pretty steep.  He claims that it
>made a difference and was much better than his previous swiss box.
>I am interested, but would like to get some more opinions....he stated heat
>was not a problem.  The engine has a lot more room in the bay of that
>rabbit.

Yeah dale, I've got that jamex box in my 16v.  I didn't pay the money for
it though, I got it in a trade deal for a master cylinder I had lying
around.  Like your friend says, it's better than a swiss cheesed box -
sounds better (IMO, of course), and seems to give a real increase in power
over a K&N/cut box combo.  Not a ton, of course, but I think it's there.
AFAIK the things go for around $150US?