Re: 205/50/15 P700Z special

> > Hey all.  I was browsing through the recent Car and Drivel and noticed
> > Tire Rack has Pirelli P700Z 205/50/15 for $60 each for those of you
> > wanting to upgrade/replace the stockers.  195/50/15 are $59.

I have the 205's on my Jetta - Very nice tire for the price - Not quite an
SP Sport 8000 but very good traction and lots of tread - Mine are going on
their third summer season.

> > For those who care, they also did a comparo of 4 wagons and the Passat
> > was first!  What, Car and Drivel magazine ranking a VW first??  The
> > others in the comparo were the Legacy, Taurus and Saturn.  Surprisingly,
> > the Saturn was quickest in acceleration (barely ahead of the Passat).
> > They liked the Saturn as a whole, but they mentioned the motor felt like
> > was bolted directly to the frame.  Hehe...too funny.

I believe that the Saturn wagon shares its engine and some other components
with opel cars - that would explain the acceleration - and the engine bolted to
the frame syndrome.  I believe the new saturn LS sedan is almost as quick from
0-60 as my GLX.  Someting like 165 hp and 185 ft/lbs of torque.  Scary.

Joe Oliveira                        ______________
83 FSP Rabbit GTI            [__\==(\x/)==/__]    0-60 -  Ummmmmm   -  Yes
97 STR Jetta GLX VR6   {OO==(\x/)==OO}  0-60 in 6.9 at NED Epping, NH
ilium@bit-net.com
Visit our website at:
http://www.FlyingToasterRacing.com