[Non-Roc] [Tech: H4 bulbs = 9003 bulb]

This may be old news to many of you, but I needed a
new H4 bulb for my Golf (here we go again - thanks to
Dirk!) - so off to the store I went.

So I went into a local parts store. They actually had
H4 bulbs (used on motorcycles in the U.S. too), but
they were $16 ea. Frustrated, I looked around thinking
they must have a plane old 55/60 H4 bulb. Then I
noticed that the 9003 bulb looked suspiciously like an
H4 bulb. I examined the package closely and discovered
that the bulb had "H4" stamped on the metal in small
print. This bulb was $6, and happily I was on my way.

Bottom line - 9003 = H4.

over.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)