RE: [now non-roc]Re: Radiator Fan Question

Yeah, that's going to fly...if perpetual motion was actually possible,
wouldn't electricity be free?  This guy has a few loose screws, or at least
no background in the fundamentals of physics.  If a fan could produce enough
power to extend the battery range (which means the fan by itself can power
the car, because in order to add power to the system faster than you're
using it, the fan has to be producing more power than you use), we'd all be
driving air-powered cars today, and you wouldn't hear talk of all the
expensive technologies like hybrids and fuel cells.

I built and raced solar-powered cars in college, so I can say from
experience this guy is a nut.  We used to get people coming up to us all the
time asking why we don't just use a tire to drive a generator and drag it
behind the car.  It's the same concept.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating