16v tranny/clutch problem. Suggestions?

Hello everyone,

Ben just hobbled his car in today with a slippidy
clutch.  All of a sudden, it was not functioning
correctly.  YEsterday it was fine.  When I got there
to take a look, the garage smelled like tranny fluid.
And behold! there was a puddle of it under the car.
I'm just guessing that some seal broke and the clutch
is now getting lubricated with tranny juice.

Anybody have this happen before?  I guess I'll have to
pull my first tranny to see what's going on in there.

-'Chung