Mk II 8v Neuspeed 28mm Rear Sway Bar Install

Has anyone else installed one of these without blowing a 'head gasket'? Christ!
I did one this past Saturday and it was a BITCH!

I had to cut the flange of metal to the inside of the lower shock mounting holes
with a Dremel in order for the sway bar ball joints to line up with the holes.
The Bushing clamps were also a major issue getting them to clamp around the
torsion beam...

The instructions didn't mention that any cutting or otherwise frustrating work
needed to be performed.

Just wondering if anyone else had problems installing that bar... the TT Exhaust
install was a piece of cake though.. and so was the 25mm Front bar install.

Ian Pitts
'85 Scirocco II 8v F-Street Prepared
'93 Passat GLX (Would be in Modified.. no AutoX for it!)