Re: [8v,JH] timing belt noise?

Although the Bentley is very good with the instructions, there is still the
human factor to consider.  I have found there is a certain touch when
tightening the timing belt.  The 90 degree twist test is just a guideline.
You now know how tight it takes to make the belt whine.  When you reassemble
next time, try getting it to twist to 90 with a little less force.  Good luck
and may the "Force" be with you. ;-)

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner