[8v,JH] timing belt noise?

Hi all,

I just changed my timing belt (first time I've done it). Though it all
didn't go as planned, I did eventually get everything back together. After
reorienting the distributor cap (didn't start initially) everything works
well. In fact it seems to drive a lot better now.

Except that I'm now getting this whirring noise that increases in pitch
and volume as the RPMs go up. It sounds like the belt; is this something I
should expect with a brand new belt or have I over-tensioned it (followed
the Bentley instructions as closely as I could). I'll be taking it all
apart again tomorrow (replace motor mount and oil seal, which I wasn't
able to do today) so if anyone has any tips, they'd be much appreciated
(though it makes it sound kinda interesting, I'd rather it not make that
noise)...

Thanks,
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com