Re: aftermarket struts?

At 07:12 PM 02/29/2000 -0800, Jorel wrote:

>Thanks for the info George. Sounds like you learned
>the hard way. This one guy was telling me about using
>the cars own weight to compress the strut. He said use
>a block of wood and just lower the car down. That
>sounded both clever and dangerous.
>Jorel

You can often find an inexpensive strut compressor if you have a discount
tool store in your area.  I paid $10 for mine and they're decent, but won't
do cars day in and out for years on end either.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4