Re: A/c on the way to h20fest

At 10:00 PM 6/29/2000 , Marie Laugesen wrote:

> >Yeah but.. the newer systems are designed with this taken into account.
>What
> >is a problem in many cases is retrofitted systems - ones that were designed
> >for R-12 definitely don't cool as well with R-134a..
>
>This is true. A friend of mine retrofitted his Chevy truck and it doesn't
>really cool all that well.So now he doesn't bother using it. What a waste of
>time and money.

I'll say -- I retrofitted my Scirocco.  Stupid mistake.  It used to blow at
39'F (with 95'F ambient temperatures).  Last year after the conversion, we
tested it again and it's blowing in the 70s... i.e. barely doing
anything.  And that's with $1000 worth of new parts in there.  Oh well. :(

Jason

>--

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro