Emissions! Help broken emissions stuff

    9 times baby! My little 16v was 9 times over the Hydrocarbon limit in NY.
Now after replacing the usual stuff I think I found the problem. Since there
is a slight hint of gas odor I narrowed it down to the Evaporation system.
I'm guessing my Charcol canister is done dead or clogged. Mainly because I
have replaced the cat, the o2 sensor and my ignition timing seems to be right
( might be off a degree) and I have proper fuel pressure, and all the lines,
including the evaporation systems hoses look fine, no leaks.

Anyone know how much one of these bad boys cost? Anyone got one used or know
what other VW's share the canister or the rest of the evap system? I'm way
overdue now for my emissions inspection.

Thanks
~Danny~
88 16v