Re: Tropic Scirocco? YES

Yes the TROPIC version was offered and I have the badges too.
It is an 8v with the GTX Zender body kit that we call the 16v body kit.
It came with the big Euro lights with the driving lights.
I think it had the red stripes in the grille like a GTX.
I am not sure what the motor code was but I don't think it was special.
The car looks kinda like a Scalla (painted body kit)
but the seat fabric and colors are different. The seats have big stripes
and a smooth cloth that looks like nylon. The door inserts match.
The seats are made to take sun, at least that is what it looked like.
The interior would be good for a convertible. The colors were
kinda "tropic" and that is why they choose the name.
I think that the Tropic had fewer features. The oil temp gage was
not on this car. It had a blank panel next to the ashtray. All the MK2
Sciroccos that I saw in Germany had standard mirror controls.
The Tropic had no power windows or mirrors too.
In the US the power mirror is standard most of the time.
I had the chance to disassemble a Tropic in a junkyard in Germany.
The car is interesting but not so interesting that we should all sell
our 16v's and get one.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"