Re: Euro Lights - Headlight Covers?

Alas, my remaining uncracked euro main beam was a casualty from the ND show
(Fenton was probably involved).  Now I have a matching pair of cracked main
beams.  They run around $100 apiece to replace.

Issues:
-Apparently, unconfirmed reports abound regarding the lack of heat
dissipation from StonGard resulting in cracked lens'.

-These lights ain't cheap the first time let alone the replacement set

-Andy Murphy came up with a stellar solution for those television sets on
the front of his Mk1

-Stongard is MUCH thicker than the laminate I purchased from Griot's garage
84 mil Vs. 24 mil (so much for withstanding a pellot shot!)

Anyone with a better solution speak now...
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR