From: Christopher Mueller <cmueller@sciarc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:33:57 -0700
To: "'scirocco-l@scirocco.org '" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Bad Sounds (hopefully not expensive)

Started hearing some not so good sounds from my 16V  the other day.  Sound
was similar to that spinning kind of thump you would hear if a tire was flat
or incredibly out of alignment.  But- tires are fine and my steering wheel
doesn't rumble or shake.  The noise goes up and down exactly with the speed
of the car, a little less noticeable when I'm not accelerating.

ANY thoughts from the list?  Took a look in, around, and under the front end
but didn't se anything totally out of whack.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Mueller
87 16V