BUZZZZZ blink blink

Ok, i was driving yesterday, it was a nice day so i decided to hammer my
rocco at a redlight.  As i am going along, my oil pressure dummy light in
the guage cluster starts blinking and buzzing!  This is the first, and so
far the only time that it has ever done this to me.  It was about 20 miles
over the 3k 0il change mark, slacking off about this cause i changed it only
about 2 weeks ago for cincy.  I drove almost 2200 mile round trip ;).  I had
a buddy who had an '88 8v golf who experienced this same problem.  But in
his case it did it off and on for a few months, then one day going down the
highway it came on and then his engine blew up.  Should i be looking to
change my oil pump before i make the treck to Waterfest????  Could i solve
it by changing my oil?  Or was this a freek thing?  Please don't say oil
pump, Please don't say oil pump, Please don't say oil pump :(

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Rabbit GTI :( parts for sale.