Re: [CLUBVAC] 84 gti head

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:06:54 -0700 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:

>I'm 99.537% sure that my '85 GTI was hydraulic...  :?

OK, lets refresh here kiddies, an 85 GTi is a what??
That's right, its an A2 chassis car. A2 chassis cars in 85 came with
what? That's right, the 1.8L, 8V, RD, 10:1 CR, HYD head motors.

The Scirocco is an A1 chassis car and its best 8V motor that came with it
was the 1.8L, 8V, JH 8.5:1 CR Solid head motors. Some 88 Scirocco's got
stuck with the solid head JH motors but from what ive been told, very
few. Ive seen a few. Mostly the Cabriolets got the hyd heads.
I hope this clears up this dilemma and absolutely KILLS this thread.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!