RE: [CLUBVAC] 84 gti head

>From my understanding;

All Sciroccos prior to 1984 came with small valve solid lifter heads
All Sciroccos 1984+ came with the big valve solid lifter heads same as the
GTI
1985 Golf/GTI saw the introduction of the hydraulic lifter head with
air-shrouded injectors and at the same time (1985) the Scirocco began using
the solid lifter head with air-shrouded injectors.
Somewhere around 1987-1988 the Cabriolet started using a hydraulic head on
the JH block

This might be a cool Scirocco.org section the would break down all the
various motors and heads including piston size, compression etc and valve
sizes?

Does anyone have a source for all the difinitive answers?

Brian H
12 years of junkyard scrounging and I still don't have a Roc that Runs.