Re: Was: Good wipers now: Rain-x

At 07:33 PM 6/22/2000 , you wrote:

>Actually my experiences here in Oregon have been the opposite.  Rain-x only
>works, IMHO, at low speeds (under 45) when it's a fresh coat.  Then, you
>need to be on the freeway for it to work worth a squat.  In fact, on long
>drives when I know it will be raining hard the whole time, I'll put some on.
>I never user the wipers at highway speeds in any type of rain.  THEN Rain-X
>rocks.

I agree with that mostly -- but even after a few weeks, it still prevents
water to form a sheet on the window -- so though you still have to use your
wipers at low speed, it does dramatically help your vision -- and I've gone
as long as a year without reapplying, and water still beads slightly.

If you don't believe me, drive a car in the rain that's never had Rain-X
and you'll be shocked at how bad visibility is...

Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://members.aol.com/rocco16v