Re: Battery and OXS light woes...

In a message dated 6/22/00 1:41:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Outcaste99@aol.com writes:

<< Does this sound like a bad voltage regulator?? If so what's involved in
the install. I've got my bentley at home but haven't had a chance to take a
peek yet. Any help or input would be appreciated.  >>

First thing is check the belt. I know its basic but usually when the
regulator/alternator is failing your will see the light flickering, on dim
for a while before it actually goes on full blast.  When the belt shreds
(which mine did a couple months ago)  the light comes on right away full
blast and stays there.

The regulator is ( I think) the EASIEST part to change on the car. it is on
the backside of the alternator held on by two little screws pull the old one
and slap in the new and you are done.  If it is not the belt it might be the
regulator,  Pull the regulator and if the brushes are worn down I think 6
millimeters is the limit then it should be replaced. Good luck

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html