Re: Self djusting clutch cable

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:16:11 -0800 "Britt Grannis"
<hillcountry@caltel.com> writes:
> Hi all,
> I'm just starting to swap the 9A tranny in my daughters 90 GTI 8V
> (sorry for the non roc post) and don't know how to store the darn
clutch cable.
> I see a rubber strap with a sort of sling on it that's attached to the
cable
> up near the firewall is this what I hook the end of the cable to? Do I
try
> and keep tension on the cable or compressit while I have the tranny
out?
There is a plastic strap that you slip over the prongs onto the auto
adjuster.

> I'm swapping in a 2H in from my 83 GTI any helpful suggestions?
Yeah, look for a 4K, which has the rear trans mount holes, that you need
for an A2.

>I think I need to swap the 90mm flanges on the 2H with the 100mm flanges
on the 9A??
Yeah, they'll swap over...

> I'm hoping that the shift linkages are the same.
Linkage is different, but you can take that off of the old tranny.

Transaxles that will fit: 4K, 9A, 2Y (with a 16V clutch disc).

The good news is that you shouldn't have too much of a problem selling
the 2H.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V