Re: speedo not working

well i pushed the speedo cable in again to make sure it was on all the way and that wasn't the problem...and when i took the needle off the shaft to apply the guage faces i pulled it over the stop pin and remembered where it hung...then when i put it back on i put it back in that spot and then put it back over the stop pin...so tomorrow i'm going to try brett's little trick and hope that works...

-doug
------Original Message------
From: Scott Richardson <srr4582@home.com>
To: scirocco16v@europe.com
Sent: June 22, 2000 1:40:37 AM GMT
Subject: Re: speedo not working

If that doesn't fix it then there probably isn't enough force in the
little spring to push the needle back down. This happened to me when I
took apart my cluster to fix my odometer. Try positioning the needle a
little past that tiny bar before you actually push it on. Then just bend
the needle out a little bit and pull it over the bar. That should give
it enough force to pull it all the way back.

Scott Richardson
'86 8V Scirocco