Re: oil pan gasket question

In a message dated 6/21/00 2:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
u1002712@warwick.net writes:

<< I need to replace the oil pan gasket on my 16V because its leaking
 oil... **** I was wondering how hard it is to replace the gasket???

Naw it is real easy to do.  It just takes some time because there are so many
bolts.  Oh and there are two or three bolts that "Look" like they are
impossible to get.  Well they are easy to get out using a 1/4" extender on
your 1/4" ratchet.  They are a little tricky to get back in though so take
your time so you don't cross thread.  And when you are putting the pan back
in take care not to kink the gasket as it goes back in. Later

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html