From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jason Arms
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 5:43 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Self adjusting clutch cable?

List,

Ok, This morning i went to start my 16v.  It was in gear, and the clutch was
pushed all the way to the floor with no pedal cover to hinder it.  When i
turned the key the car lurched forward.  I took it out of gear and started
the car.  Then i couldn't put it in gear without massive grindige!  I ended
up pushing the car and jamming it into gear, then once it was mooving it
would shift just fine.  WTF!  The car has a new clutch, with a self
adjusting clutch cable.  Is my clutch gone bad already, or is it the damn
cable.  I hope i just need to replace the cable, if so anyone know how much
this thing is gonna cost me?

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)