Re: Self adjusting clutch cable?

In a message dated 06/21/2000 7:22:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
redbug64@hotmail.com writes:

<< Doesn't bently say that the two clutch cables are not interchangable?  If
 they are, could i just use an 8v rocco clutch cable?  or did they make a 16v
 manual adjuster?  TIA!

 The two cables are different lengths.  This is a topic of much debate.  Yes,
you can use the manual cable, with some tricks.  I prefer the self-adjusting
cable, as I've never had any problems with mine.  I think that the reason why
so many have problems is that they're really expensive, so they don't get
replaced until they're 10 years old and have failed.  AFAIK, all A3 and the
nicer A2 came with the self-adjusting cable.

cheers
greg f