Re: License Plate Bracket

A few summers ago, I had one of VA's finest pull me over for not having a
front plate, despite the fact that it was clearly there!  It's just
mounted below the bumper (he said "That's illegal!"  I said "It's gone
through 7 state inspections there...")  It actually looks better down
there.  Anyhoo, he then proceeds to scope the car for violations,
including comments on the "illegal tint job".  You all know the one.
It's the kind that COMES FROM THE FACTORY!!!  He was after me for
something.  Good thing I didn't get anything...

This was almost as annoying as the cop who pulled me over for driving
with my lights on!

Now, before I start some "Cops suck!" session, I really do respect the
men and women in blue (or brown, or whatever color they happen to dress
in).  Most of the ones I have come across have actually been pretty cool.
 It's just that some of them really do suck...

And by the way, here in No. VA you aren't too likely to get shot in road
rage.  We're close to Washington, DC.  Pull out a gun and odds are the
other guy will pull out a bigger, faster shooting gun...  Mutually
Assured Destruction works!

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta