Brake System leak problem (16V)

So let me test the knowledge of this list a little:
My left rear proportioning valve is leaking from the base of the M/C where
the valve screws in. It leaks freely even when sitting. I’ve tried tightening
it down more but its as tight as its going to get. The next step is to unscrew
it and wrap a layer of Teflon tape around it and reinstall. Has anyone had
this type of leak before and what did you do to stop it? Also is there a
cheaper way to replace the MC, the 22mm A2 MC is 1/3 the price of the Scirocco
22mm unit. What’s up with that? All the proportioning valving is external.
Anyway thanks for you help and please CC my email address when replying.

Thanks,

Dean
88 GTI VR6
89 Cabby 16V

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.