Re: gas prices in Chicago - WTF's up with that??

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 10:48:36AM -0700, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> --- UrGTI@aol.com wrote:
> > Here in MN I just filled up today and it cost me $20 . I
> > remember when I
> > could fill up for $10 just a little over a year ago .
> > Today 92 octane was
> > 1.97, up 15 cents from last week .
> > I may have to buy a moped for getting to work so I can
> > afford to keep up the
> > modding on the rocco .
> >
> > Jasin
> > 80 2L 16v
>
> I feel your pain...   it's $1.99 in town (here in Ohio) and
> I'm supposed to drive to Ontario this weekend, and upstate
> NY mid-week next week.  (WOoo hoo, Daun's gettin' his S
> back!!!)

I paid $1.39 here yesterday for 87 octane.  When I left San Jose after ND,
I snapped a pic of the gas price sign where I filled up at - $1.75.
Amazingly, the price was less down the valley toward Bakersfield,
bottoming out at $1.35 somewhere in Arizona. :-)

A year ago here, gas was 85 cents a gallon, which was about 15 cents
higher than it was in February (filled for 66.9 a gallon, and no, I'm not
on crack. :-)  )

-Pat