Re: starting a stored engine

HOTGTX@aol.com wrote:

> I have an 1984 1.8 that has been storage for two years.  I am going to put
> this into my son's 78 Scirocco.  What should I do to the engine before I
> start it up?  Any ideas/thoughts would be helpful.
>
> Dave
> 85 Scirocco GTX

I understand that pouring a few tablespoons of new motor oil down the
spark plug holes is a good idea. This and replace ALL fluids before
cranking it over. It might also help to allow that oil to soak in a bit
before hand cranking the engine over a few turns. lastly is the idea of
treating it like an engine rebuild; Pull the distributor and turn the
oil pump with a drill to drive oil through the passages before the thing
cranks over.

TBerk
Hmmm, over fill the engine to totally over full capacity, let sit, drain
and let sit, refill w/ 4 quarts.