Re: Oil Change

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:00:48 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
> With the good weather, comes PMS. (Pre-Maintenance-Syndrome).
Again...

> I am going to change the oil tomorrow, does any one suggest a
> detergent additive to clean out the engine? Or just change it...
> The window slides (the cable) is filled with dirt & rust. If I spray
> it out well with WD 40, will it make the windows roll up easier or is
there
> a better way to make them work better?
>
> I am trying to get the car ready for the Wasserfest coming up.

If you're talking about the track or window regulator, and I think you
are.
You can use the WD 40 to clean the rust and dirt.

Once it's cleaned up, I would use lithium grease or something similar to
keep it lubricated.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V