Re: H&R Coilovers vs Bilstein Sports/HR springs

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:20:23 -0700 "Joseph Oliveira" <ilium@bit-net.com>
writes:

>???  If you have aftermarket springs you are bumped to SP already by
>the SCCA where coilovers are also legal.

Not the fully threaded body units like the H&R coilover setup ($1200+!)
which I think most everybody in this thread has been talking about. They
bump you into StreetMod.
For much less money, there is a coilover kit ($400) made by Ground
Control that is perfectly legal in SP. I don't see what the difference is
other than maybe a little weight savings. Besides, id much rather have an
adjustable shock than the Bilsteins for autox use anyways. For the
street, Bilsteins are great.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!