Need somebodies @$$ kicked in WA

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:19:16 -0700 (PDT) Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com>
writes:
> > Was that a lister?
> > I think it is pathetic that we can't trust certain
> > Scirocco listers, and
> > you know who you are...
> >

> Nope - this guy wasn't a lister.  I have had great
> luck dealing with other listers.  Casey Webster ships
> me out a front license plate bracket, and just says
> "Send me whatever you think it is worth".  So I hook
> him up with a copy of the VW ETKA CD.  Both of us are
> happy.  And then there is Brett Da Man and his
> wonderful gauge faces... I guess I don't need to tell
> y'all how easy and professional he is to deal with.

I agree, I trust the Scirocco listers.

There has only been one bad apple, and he's in Washington state... <g>

> > I'm kind of glad that you brought this up...
> >
> > I sent out 2 customized front outer anti-swaybar
> > brackets, and since I had dealt with him before, I didn't wait for
the
> > money.
> > 3 days later they arrived... I know that he got
> > them, because he sent an e-mail saying that he completely forgot
about it
>> and that he would send out $20 ASAP.
>
> You know you can file mail-fraud charges against
> people for doing this kind of thing.  I am going to
> research it to see exactly what the process is, but I
> think if any part of the transaction takes place using
> the USPS, you can nail them if they rip you off.
> Might cost more than the package is worth, but it'd
> make me feel better.
Yeah, I know...
After 30 days you are supposed to mail them a certified letter,
and then you can go through the US Postal fraud dept..
They'll send a letter out to them, but don't expect a miracle.

I'd rather combine my collection efforts with next years ND show.
That gives him almost a year to pay me, and write an apology.
Meanwhile the interest keeps adding up... 8^)

> Thanks for all the support.  I'll make his home
> address, name and phone number public knowlege if I
> don't hear from him within 5 working days.
>
> =====
> Mark
>
> 87 Westfalia Gl
> 84 Scirocco 8v
>
> http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/

Sounds like a plan...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V