Re: exhaust downpipe/header question

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:59:50 -0400 edwin r burger iv <erb22@drexel.edu>
writes:

> as it happens i am in pennsylvania... what is this tt 2" racing
> downpipe for $135 that you speak of?
>
> thanks!
> ed

It is basically a larger version of the now famous long TT downpipe, but
it fits the 16V Scirocco and it has an O2 fitting on it.

It will still pass the treadmill emissions test, but it won't pass a
visual...
Since the 2" pipes join together where the cat would normally be.

Btw, if Brett got one for his 16V, Rich would have to get his head ported
and polished just to keep up. 8^)

This downpipe rocks!

> > They used to sell an OEM style repair kit, that replaced the
> original flex section beautifully...
> > I thought that's what Brett was talking about...
> >
> > Btw, If you're in PA, there is a way that you can get away with
> running the TT dual 2" race downpipe, $135+shipping drop shipped from
TT.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, TT race downpipe
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V