Exhaust on Rabbit GTI

Hello all,
	So I finally located a head (with a G-grind cam installed- bonus!
- I'll have to take it out if I ever get competitive in FSP, though, and I
might take it out earlier if I start wanting to compare my times with
"real" drivers).
	Anyway, what this means is that I"ll soon be putting the head on
the Rabbit and throwing the Autotech header on there (after I get the
front crossmember welded) and a cat (probably a fake one), and then I'll
need some exhaust. I'm thinking that I want straight 2.25" (non mandrel
bent - I don't know of anybody around here with a mandrel bender. If it
was mandrel bent, then 2") pipe with two glasspacks in it. My question is,
am I going to burn my valves with that little backpressure? My instinct is
no, since I've had straightpipe before, but it wasn't with a header and
2.25" exhaust.
	What say the experts? : ) (And would I get more power with a
muffler? Maybe I'll try a DynoMax Super Turbo - those are OK, no?)
	-Josiah

'87 GLi
'84 GTi
http://bork.hampshire.edu/josiah