Re: oil light problem

edwin r burger iv <erb22@drexel.edu> writes:

> it doesn't seem likely that the oil pump is bad because i don't hear
> the lifters at all-- not even once. in case it is the pump, how hard is

> it to replace? does the motor have to come out?
>
> also, can i use a t-fitting by the oil filter so i can use both the
> stock oil temp gauge and the aftermarket oil pressure gauge? would that

> compromise the accuracy of either of the readings?
>
> thanks!
> ed

No that's fine...

I prefer the VDO electrical sender with the dual output, one for the
gauge, and the 2nd for the idiot light.

The PO of my '88 16V Scirocco fixed the problem, by replacing the sending
unit.

I'd try that first, they're so cheap, but the oil pressure gauge is still
a good idea.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V