16V Sunroof, is it factory?

John Van Vuren wrote:
> I don't believe VW ever offered a factory glass sunroof.  I think the proper
> term for the factory VW units would be moonroof.  Of course, there were some
> of those huge canvas ones like Herbie had  ;)

Okay, let's get technical! What I currently have could well be called a
moonroof. It is meant to pop up a little bit quite easily, or can be completely
removed after playing with the front tabs, but then the glass must be placed in
the back seat or the like.

I just got done taking apart the latch mechanism and found no vw/audi insignia
like is found just about everywhere else on the car. Hmmmmm.....

-Marc

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 178,500 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99