16V Sunroof, is it factory?

> Red safety latch??  Sounds like you don't have a factory sunroof.  The
> factory ones were slide back or pop-up steel units.  Is that what you have?

Hmmmm, I never thought of this before, I always assumed that my sunroof was
factory. I just went out and examined it closer and now am unsure of it's
origins. It's glass is not stamped with the VW/Audi logo like all of the other
glass in the car, and it has a 1988 date on the glass, even though the car was
manufactured in June of 1997.

Anyone out there know how to tell if my sunroof is factory? I have never seen
another 16v Scirocco with a sunroof before, I have seen a 16v without a sunroof
(it has leather interior) and an 8v with the old fashioned crank open sunroof,
but never a 16v with a factory sunroof.

I can post digital pictures of it tomorrow if need be, I don't have a digital
camera at home, only at work.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 178,500 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99