I'm Jealous!

Got this from Hot Rod Rabbit club on Yahoo.  Check it out!

<snip>
The Rabster has just received it's latest trick
upgrade. Spare 1.8L 16V Scirocco head, masterfully ported
and shaved by Norman Racing Group (they do Toyota
Atlantic motors). Intake ports cleaned up, valves
3-angled, exhaust ports cleaned and modified to reduce VW's
lamentable cast-in 90-degree angle. Schrick cams installed,
260-deg intake & 276 deg exhaust (watch for the upcoming
Euro Car article about this setup..). Techtonics
adjustable cam sprocket added to help fine tune the cam
timing.

Idle is factory stock, but the power never falters
even well over 7K. I have never felt a 16V pull like
this, short of turbo or aftermarket
injection.

..hit 120MPH in fifth, still pulling madly before I
shifted up into sixth (yes, I have the 6-speed now with
Quaife) and went HOLW COW.

Well, maybe not those
exact words...this IS a family channel after
all!

Dyno time is coming to help dial in the cams, also
have a Euro 50mm intake on order so 150
(conservatively) to the wheels does not seem out of the question
for this setup. Look out VR6!

<snip>

Sounds TOO fun!!  Maybe someday the 6 speed quaife!!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco