Re: Couple of 16v questions

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> writes:
> Guys & gals,
>
> I'm working on this "new" 16v and have come up with a
> couple of questions.
>
> First - the brakes.  You can hit the brake pedal and it'll
> be fine, but then slowly start for the floor...   I'm
> guessing the master cylinder is hosed, right?
Yup, unless you are leaking fluid somewhere...
I can get yours rebuilt at A1 Cardone for $75, with a lifetime warranty.
It is on an R&R basis, but I have an extra 22 mm...
I can bring it with me to WF, if you like.

> Second - I've got an odd noise at around 3500 RPM on up.
> It sounds like it's coming from the head in the vicinity of
> the cam chain, likely being the cam chain itself.  How
> difficult a job is it to replace?  It looks fairly straight
> forward in the Bentley.
>
> Thanks for any and all suggestions / answers.
It's straight forward... A good time to do the euro intake cam swap.

Thanks for a great weekend, and I look forward to next year.
I've already started working on Mark Burnham, so there should be at least
2 more Mk1's there next year. 8^)

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L