Cincy Rewind

Yes, so we're sitting here in the rain that's pouring
down... (We, in this case, is Jason C, Daun, and Meredith.)
 The last of the others left about an hour ago, so I guess
this makes this the "Wind-up" email for Cincy Y2K.

The festivities started Friday, and we wound up having a
total of more than 50 people -- although we "botched" this
year and didn't keep a list of who showed up, so i'm sure
noone will ever remember everyone...

Friday night, the Rochester group was the first to show up,
and people piled in until well into the night (after Johnny
Carson, that's for sure.)   Everyone just kinda hung out
and got to know each other... and consumed mass quantities
of alcoholic beverages.  Of course, noone had a lot of fun,
because Cammisa didn't show up until the next afternoon...
<SLAP> STOP THAT!! (Daun: See what happens when you let
Jason type the wrap up e-mail on your computer?!)

Anyway, Saturday morning started with Mike Leach and Daun
getting up and towing home what's left of a Mk1 that was
sitting in Rob Lahey (aka fifobum@aol)'s driveway.  Then
the whole group went out for the McDonalds trip from
hell... with 20 mins left before Breakfast was over, the
line moved so slowly that they wouldn't serve us breakfast.
 Selfish peasants.  So, after Josh Able tears them all new
assholes, everyone "left their mark" in rubber permanently
on the parking lot asphalt.  Front Wheel Drive is good. :)

Tech procedures started in Earnest.  Who's Earnest?  Poor
guy.  But anyways, they started simultaneously with several
stereo installations, couple of new mufflers, wheel swaps,
trio guage install, and all that kinda fun stuff.  All this
was happening while Ellen and Al so graciously volunteered
to go to the parts store and to make a run to Cincy Airport
to pick me (Cammissa) up, who had just come back from
Germany.

Once they all got back, we started organizing the VW Symbol
in the field.  First pix were taken by the psychotic,
monkey-assed Ben Harder, aka Spider Ben, who apparently has
NO problem climbing up a 450 foot post.  Uh, okay, well,
maybe it was only 75, but still, he's out of his mind.  We
did the VW symbol again, but this time we had a whole lot
more cars, so it looked about 10x better.  And, from the
plane (flown by Daun Sr, but screams care of Cammisa and
Jarrett), the arial shots came out even better.  It seems
Daun's dad has no problem flipping the plane on its side so
we could get some nice shots.  They'll be posted on
scirocco.org as soon as Brett gets his lazy ass on it. :)

After that, we did the usual round of pix by having
everyone get in a shot with their car.   Of course, with
this group, you never know what to expect.  Maione was
fucking his tailpipe while Cammisa was getting rammed by
his headlight washers.  Aaahhh, what a fun group. :)

Afterwards, we made Perry cook about 250 Burgers and ate
them happily while he made hot dogs and chicken... and then
cleaned it all up. :)  Sorry Perry...

By the time the last of us shut up that night was about
4... so needless to say, it was a good night.  Of course,
the POLICE didn't think so -- as they had barracaded a
street that we had "accidentally" used for a few hundred
G-Tech Quarter Mile runs.  Oops, my bad... :)

The verdict is in, by the way, Brett's car *is* faster than
a stock 1.6 8v... in case anyone still didn't know.  But
you'll have to consult him for the exact numbers...

Sunday morning meant getting up early and heading off to
the show and drag event. (No not THAT kind of drag - drag
RACING!) It was pretty cool to show up in a line of like 20
Sciroccos at a small show, I must say. :)

More information on the drag strip results will be posted
by each individual participant, but to sum up:  The Mad
Bastard's car is a Mad Fucking FAST Bastard... he took
honors as the fastest Water Cooled car there.... by a LONG
SHOT, including spanking Matt M's VR6 Corrado.  Ouch.

The show itself was kinda beige.  I mean, what's the point
of bringing a group of cars to a show and being the only
show cars there?! :)  But it was fun anyways watching a
beetle blow piston parts out of its exhaust on the strip.
Can we say WHOOPS?!

So, after the show, the cool people went back to Daun's
house, while the rest of 'em high-tailed it home before it
got too late.  Brett hit 120mph but you didn't hear it from
me. :)

Back at the Ranch, we all went out to a fabulous dinner at
Bob Evan's, where we proceeded to make the service staff's
lives a living hell.  Muhahahhahaa. :)  And then retreated
back to Daun's in a <ahem> "spirited" drive on the back
roads of Clinton County.  Thank GOD for brakes. :)

Anyways, last night was more of a hippy, drug-induced kind
of experience as we had a lot of fun running around like
LSD Patients waving sparklers all over the yard.  I wish I
could say the flower pot had so much fun.  I don't know
quite who's brilliant idea it was, but someone suggested
launching a Roman Candle from a ceramic flower pot.

So, get this shit:  Dipshit Move #1:  Let's put the
explosive device in the pot upside DOWN!  Dipshit Move #2:
Light it.... and RUN!  Well, if there are any miners living
under Daun's proprty, they're now dead, because the roman
candle launched itself oooh, about 4.3 miles under the
earth's surface.  The only thing *we* saw (as opposed to
those poor earthworms down there) was a cute little spark,
and that was it.  Oh, and about 20 seconds later, something
landed about 20 feet from us.  I think it might have been a
bird that was killed in China. :)

This morning was uneventful -- everyone just kida bummed
around watching the cat drink a beer and read the Sports
section.  <don't ask> ... and then basically head out.

So, winding down and cleaning up, Daun will have his work
cut out for him.  So far, we've found razors, shaving
cream, shampoo, an old 16v muffler, large blue flashlight,
sunglasses, and a horribly stained pair of underwear with
the name "Property of Paul Maione" written on the inside
with a marker.  Pauly, it's time to get rid of the
underwear we wore when we were in summer camp.  And Jason
(B), STOP scaring the shit out of people when they ask you
for a ride in your car. :)

So, if you think you may have left anything at the house,
please feel free to contact Daun, who will tell you to fuck
off and look elsewhere, cause it's HIS now. :)

J/K. ... Thanks to everyone who showed up, and I think
we're all looking forward to doing this again.

But most of all, Thanks to Daun and his parents for putting
up with all of us!!!

LATER!
Jason (C) and Daun.  (Meredith has left the building.)