Fwd: Clutch Problems 1981 MK1

I experience a hell of alot of vibration coming from letting the clutch
out in first from a standing start only. This occuring after new clutch
replacement and tranny seals. I did not replace the release bearing
though. Could that be the problem?

Others on the list have experienced this problem related to oil leaking on
the pressure plate/clutch assembly. But mine is an intermitent problem.
There are times the transition is as smooth as silk, but for the most part
I getting a pretty violent shake from a standing start.

Could this be the release bearing I so foolishly opted to leave alone?

       *  *             It's:           "SPLAT - MY CAT!"
     -//-//-_
   +>\        --__      Slower than a speeding Scirocco 1.5   Much slower.
   +>/       _------__  Mortally slower, one might say.    Rest in Pieces.
     -\\-\\--           David Guido
       *  *             Scirocco@home.com    Fax: (408) 867-1703