1.8 to 2.0 conversion

hello all.

After busting a timing belt, and stuffing all of my intake valves, i am
rebuilding the engine on my '87 16V. When i started out i decided to
be lazy and leave the block in the engine compartment while removing the
pistons, honing out the cylinders, and replacing the piston rings. To no
avail. I, in my eternal stupidity, got the crankshaft wet and forgot to
wipe it dry.  This inevitably caused the crankshaft journals to rust.  To
make a long story short, i now have to remove the block and get the
crankshaft journals reground.  However, instead of spending the money on
the maching of the crankshaft i would rather spend it on a new 2.0 block.
My question, i pose to you fellow veedub freakazoids, is: what is involved
in putting a 2.0 liter block in place of the 1.8 that i currently have?
Am I going to have to adjust the fuel injection, engine mounts, ect??   I
was thinking of just getting a short block with all of the pistons, etc
already in it and then slapping my newly rebuilt 1.8 16V head on top of
it, then dropping it into the car.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,

jake