Re: Bad engines in '85?

93 is the year to avoid.  At least according to
Consumers Digest, and about 5 other sites I have
looked at online.  I think that is the year we
officially quit getting anything from Germany at all.
Death of the Corraddos.

The '93 Golfs/jettas are always at the bottom of the
reliability ratings.  Well, one step above any year
the Dasher was produced, but still....

I haven't heard anything bad about 85 specifically.
That is when they started standardizing the scirocco.
84 is a hybrid year.  Every time I call for parts they
say "84.... does yours have "this" type or "that" type
of thingamajig.... they changed mid-year..."

Mine has whichever costs more, of course... silly
question...

Mark
84 Scirocco 8v
87 Westfalia