Re: Damn lug nut!!!

In a message dated 7/29/00 6:23:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
chungsteroonie@yahoo.com writes:

<< Can you drive at all with only 3?  >>
I can answer this one.  In my early days of working on my first Scirocco, I
forgot, once (and I emphasize once) to completely tighten all the lug bolts
on one of the wheels.  Later in the week, I was cruising on the highway to
get to a Friday night session of a swim meet when BAM!  The wheel fell off.
I lost 3 lug bolts and one was sheared off in the hub.  I drove home at the
end of the weekend with only 2 on that wheel.  So, to answer your question,
yes, you can drive with 3.  I wouldn't recommend it that way forever, though.
No one blast me on tightening the bolts, I have a compressor now, but I guess
I should put on my flame suit anyway.