Water pump removal on PS equipped car

Hi,

   I have to replace my water pump on my 16V, which has power steering. I
did this several years ago on my 8V, but that didn't have PS, and seemed to
be easier to get at. I think I know what I need to remove, but I thought
I'd double check with you guys to see if there are any tips on this to make
it easier. In order to get to the water pump, I will have to remove the PS
pump, and rear bracket, correct? Can I leave the front bracket for the PS
in place, or will that get in the way too? Anything else on the 16Vs that
will have to be removed to get at the water pump? My car has AC, if that
matters.

Thanks in advance,
Brad