RE: Octane question.

Well, my cas cap says 98 and no more no less.

Mine is originally 8v now I rebuilt it to 16v and
run 98 all the time and runs like champ. I once
tried 95, but I couldn't resist to hear the motor
doing those funky splutter-splutter voices so
I headed up to a next gas station and bought
a lot of 98 to get the octane to acceptable level.

Now I tried airplane fuel (octane 102) mixed
1/4 with 98, what a nice addition to power and
it also cleaned up the injection system so nicely
that I got rid of all those engine stalling problems
when the engine is cold.

So I'd suggest running as high octane as it
can resist, but not more than 98 for a longer
period or it could cook up your engine.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!
16.13s at a recent dragrace