Re: non roc-but vw question

Honestly, that sounds more like a knock sensor box problem -- I've heard of
cars doing this before -- something in the box goes berserk and retards
ignition -- so the car runs fine, just flat.  Check all of the connections
to the knock sensor box and if possible, swap out....

wait, a 91 2L?  That's Motronic.  Hmmm... do they have the KS boxes?

Jason

At 12:50 AM 7/26/2000 , Chris DeLong wrote:
>Ummm Brad, Maybee it would help to have some more input as to the
>situation. Does it run on 3 cylinders? Does the engine shake? Does this
>happen mainly when it is hot or cold?
>
>>My friend has the following question, though it is non roc, is is vw and
>>similiar engine to what many of you run.  Sounds like lack of gas or air.
>>Maybe spark, I think.  But I drive an 85 8V so this is not my area. Any
>>suggestions I can give him?
>>
>>_______
>>I experience about a 20% power loss intermittently in my 91 2l 16v
>>GTI. it usually goes away if i shut the car off and restart it. it
>>doesnt feel like a mechanical problem but im really not sure. any
>>help would be greatly appreciated,
>>thanks
>>_________
>>

>>Thanks...
>>Brad
>

>Chris DeLong
>ICQ#45030867
>Seattle, WA USA
>'80 16V Rag
>'80 Rocco (For Sale)
>'78 Scirocco
>'82 GLI
>'80 'Vert
>'65 Bus (ugly, but good for campin' W/toaster oven)
>'61 17 Window

1987 Scirocco 16v
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://members.aol.com/rocco16v