Starting problems.

Hey list, me again with more problems.

Ok, this is on my '80 'roc w/ 1.8 engine.  When I start the
car, it behaves as if it is flooded.  Generally when cold
it will take about 3 tries before it will start, and when
it does it usually runs on 1-2 cylinders or so, then clears
itself up after revving it once or twice.  The same thing
will happen when it's warm - except you have to crank and
crank and CRANK before it will slooooowly sputter to life.

I've replaced the injectors and the cold start valve
(granted, with used ones I had around) and I have not had
any change in the problems.  PLEEZE can anyone help?  I've
still got a few cosmetic issues to take care of before
leaving for Waterfest Thursday!

TIA!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.