airbox hose

When Jay B. and I were comparing our '86.5's last weekend, I noticed for the
first time that I'm missing a huge hose that runs from the bottom of the
airbox to the fenderwell area, obviously to draw in cooler air.  So without
it I'm just sucking right out of the engine compartment.  Obviously this will
draw in hot air when the car is sitting still, perhaps it's not an issue
when moving?  Any opinions/advice - should I replace the thing??

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0