How to get the %$#@ rear tranny mount in..

I'ma havin some problems getting my new tranny mount
in.  I got it bolted onto the tranny with some
creative jack work to snap it into place, but now I am
thinking I shoulda done it differently.  I cant get
the bottom mount plate back on.

Do I have to pull it, bolt it to the plate, then slide
it onto the bottom of the tranny and the other 2 plate
bolts?

Also, it looks like it is about 1/3" too far to the
left (drivers side)

Any suggestions?

=====
Mark
If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention.

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/